"Be Merciful to Me" - 14 February 2021

 

(Christmas illustration 798 - Vintage Christmas Cards - Snowy Church is a painting by Tuscan Afternoon)

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me” (Psalm 57:1-2). We look around our big world and see troubles on the right and turmoils on the left. We implore you, O God, for all the nations of this world, to bring peace in our time, to preserve the downtrodden and demoralized, but also to raise up leaders who will seek good and not evil so that life may flourish; who will hate evil and love good and establish justice in the gate; who will let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream (from Amos 4:14-15, 24). And preserve, prosper, promote, and pilot your Church in all places, to include this congregation, and Oklahoma Capitol Hill Spanish Seventh Day Adventist Church, OKC Central Seventh Day Adventist, and Church of the Savior. Raise up and rebuild the tent of David that is fallen, repair its breaches, raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old, that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord, all the nations who are called by your name (taken from Amos 9:11-12 and Acts 15:16-18).

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.” We look around our families, friends, neighborhoods, and our colleagues, especially those undergoing trials and tribulations. We implore you hear us as we prayer on their behalf (…). Let them know that you are God who lifts up the humble; who restores the fainthearted; who heals the wounded. But also, we pray that you will show yourself as the one who stands up for the weak and vulnerable and hunts down the abuser; condemns the violator; and resists the proud.

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.” We look at all of our children and grandchildren with warm hearts. Lord Jesus you said very pointedly “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And then you took them in your arms and blessed them, laying your hands on them (Mark 10:14-16). Take these children into your arms. And may we, the adults, parents, and grandparents, be purposefully bringing them to you, endeavoring to set before them a godly example, praying with and for them, teaching them the doctrines of our holy religion, and striving, by all of your appointed means, to bring them up in your nurture and admonition.

 All of these requests we ask in the name of Jesus Christ, your Son and our Saving Lord, as we pray together what he taught us, saying; Our Father…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?