"I Will Never Forget You" - 23 April 2017


Lord, you once asked this question, and then replied to it: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me” (Isaiah 49.15-16). To think that you have inscribed us onto your hands with the ink of indelible grace, never to forget us or lose us! Amazing pity, grace unknown and love beyond degree! “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise” (TH #56.1).

Give ear, O Lord, as we implore your mercy and care for your one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church, this congregation, and Real Life Fellowship; Redeemed Missionary Baptist Church; Redeemer Church of OKC; Regency Park Baptist Church; and Resurrection Lutheran Church. Take notice of where your church has been bloodied; give relief where she is depleted; provide correction where she was tumbled off the path; raise her up where she lies in the dust; encourage her where she faithfully fulfills her vocation; so that your church can forever say, “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise.

Give ear, O Lord, as we implore your mercy and care for these United States of America; for all residents who out of many are made one; and for all of our leaders, to include our State Representatives such as Carl Newton; Monroe Nichols; and Jadine Nollan. Bring us to be a people who speak the truth to one another; render in our gates judgments that are true and make for peace; who do not devise evil in our hearts, through social media, or in our broadcasts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things you hate, O LORD (Zechariah 8.16-17). And make us a nation that rejoices in you and will ever sing “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise.

Give ear, O Lord, as we implore your mercy and care for the nations and leaders of the world, such as President Mahmoud Abbas of Palestine; President Juan Carlos Varela of Panama; and Prime Minister Peter O'Neill of Papua New Guinea. Make firm all legitimate causes of justice and goodness; Resolve the conflicts and preserve humaneness. And hasten the day when all nations, tribes, tongues and peoples will raise their voices praising you, “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise.

Give ear, O Lord, as we implore your mercy and care for those in weakened or worsened conditions …; Visit them in their need that all their days they may declare, “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise.

Give ear, O Lord, as we implore your mercy and care for those perishing in their sins…Turn their hearts, minds and bodies around that they may see their need of Christ, call upon the name of the Lord and be saved, and acknowledge for all eternity, “When all your mercies, O my God, my rising soul surveys, transported with the view I’m lost, in wonder, love, and praise.

We securely settle our petitions into your hands in the name of Christ, strongly affirming that “Through all eternity to you, a joyful song I’ll raise; for oh, eternity’s too short, to utter all your praise.” Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?