The following is a prayer for contentedness in the circumstance or place where God has placed you:
O Lord God - help!
- Help me to flourish and fill out in faith, hope and love, as well as all other Christian virtues - here.
- Help me to find satisfaction with where I am, with whom I am with, with what I am doing - here.
- Help me to love you - here; to find my utmost joy in you - here; to become unstoppably secure in you - here!
- Help me to be content, but not idle; to be content, but not lazy; to be content, but not resentful - here.
- Help me to have a deep certainty that you have given me the victory in Christ Jesus our Lord; and so to be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in your work, knowing - believing - confident - certain - assured that in Christ Jesus my labor here is not in vain (1 Corinthians 15.57-58).
O Lord God; hallowed be your name! Your Kingdom come! Your will be done on earth (here) as it is in heaven. Amen.