"O God, You Are My God" - 29 May 2016


Sunday morning:

From Psalm 63

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. It has been good to enter your great assembly; to earnestly seek you; to have our dry and thirsty souls quenched with you, O fountain of living waters. We pray for those who don’t know you, and have never known the joy that you are and the life you give….may they hear your invitation and come to the festival. We pray on behalf of Anna’s House Foundation, Darci Oplotnik, the administrators and staff, and the families who have opened homes and hearts. Provide the moneis and resources needed, raise up volunteers and provide more families. Give them all that they need in the midst of disappointments and successes. Also, Father, we pray for those who maybe feel themselves to be in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Maybe the parchedness is from their sickness or disease; maybe from depression or mental darkness of some kind; maybe from grief; possibly as a result of a long period of unsettledness and adversity in their homes. Draw them near, fill them up, raise their heads to see you restoring, refreshing and reconciling. Hear our prayer, O Lord, and let our cry come to you!

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Together we have feasted with your people in this place, but we have also feasted with your church all over this big, wide world; which reminds us to pray for your people in all places, and especially in Fiji; Finland; France; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Germany; Ghana; Greece; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; and Guyana. Be our help so that in the shadow of your wings we may rejoice. Bring us to cling to you, knowing that your right hand upholds us. We are dear to you; may we always walk near to you. And through your peoples’ prayers, giving, worship and work, further your world rescue operation until the knowledge of you will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea. Hear our prayer, O Lord, and let our cry come to you!


But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth; they shall be given over to the power of the sword; they shall be a portion for jackals. But the king shall rejoice in God; all who swear by him shall exult, for the mouths of liars will be stopped. We pray that in our own land, as well as for all the countries of this earth, that the mouths of liars will be stopped; especially among civil and governmental leaders. Bring peace, lawful justice, prosperity, better education and medical care to flourish in all places. And may greed, pride, unjust violence, and human trafficking be brought to an end. Finally, we remember the many who served in the fight for right; the struggle for justice; the men and women who swore to uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and then followed through on that oath even when it required their death. Thank you for their tenacious loyalty; and may we, the citizens of this land, not squander it, waste it or demean it. Hear our prayer, O Lord, and let our cry come to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?