"The First Air War 1914-1918" by Lee Kennett. A Review

 

I'm a retired active duty enlisted Air Force guy. So I was delighted to pick up Lee Kennett's "The First Air War 1914-1918". This 288-page hardback chronicled the rise of air power from long before WW I. Kennett showed how dirigibles were used and the developments there, especially for military purposes. Then came the planes, and their evolution. Design changes, mission, flaws, flops, successes. It was a pleasure to read. And the author seemed to give everyone their due, whether the allied forces or the axis. No one flyer takes center stage, but the ways aircraft became a new item in war, and how that developed and continued to develop after the Great War. If you like history, are a WW I buff, or like airplanes, this is a super volume. I highly recommend it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

Community?

Union with Christ - An Application