A Prayer for Times Like These

Here's a little exercise with a prayer for times like these.

This prayer comes from the 1979 Book of Common Prayer, 8th Sunday after Epiphany. I've modified it a smidgen. 

 O Most loving heavenly Father, who desires us 

  • to give thanks for all things, 
  • to fear nothing but you, and 
  • to cast all our care on you who cares for us: 

Preserve us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, and grant that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from us the light of your immortal love which you have manifested toward us in your well-beloved Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

I often spend time in the three bullet-points, confessing how I have often done the opposite of what God desires in these three areas. 

Then I dwell on what the "faithless fears and worldly anxieties" look like in my life or others.

Finally, I ponder God's "immortal love" manifested in his well-beloved Son.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

Community?

Union with Christ - An Application