"For God Alone My Soul Waits" - 28 April 2019



For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. We lift up our hearts thankful that the new and living way into your presence has been opened up through your Son, Jesus; and that we have the privilege to draw near with all holy reverence and confidence. Glory to you, Lord God!

How long will all of you attack a man to batter him, like a leaning wall, a tottering fence? They only plan to thrust him down from his high position. They take pleasure in falsehood. They bless with their mouths, but inwardly they curse. Father, behold how your people are being bludgeoned, badgered and beleaguered in so many places – like Chengdu China, and Sri Lanka! Grant us all to be faithful witnesses and please restore safety and sanity in those places where it is hot and hostile. Turn the hearts of the god-haters and shut down their ability to do harm. Liquidate and bankrupt those institutions and asylums, movements and mobs that, in the name of a god or tolerance, stand opposed to you and your good ways and want to inflict and enforce outrageous and atrocious lifestyles on civilization and your sacred society. Bring salvation where there is presently only scorning. Glory to you, Lord God!

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. We implore your mercy, care, guidance, strength and help for your church in all places, including this congregation along with Southern Hills Church of God, Spencer Church of Christ, Westwood Church of Christ, and Wilshire Church of Christ. Be our salvation, fortress, rock, refuge and glory. Guide your church to be reformed and always reforming into the sacred society you desire. Glory to you, Lord God!

Those of low estate are but a breath; those of high estate are a delusion; in the balances they go up; they are together lighter than a breath. Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them. Mighty Lord, God Most High, govern the nations of the world, as well as our own country; that neighborliness, respectfulness, wholesome morality, fairness, justice and equity would succeed. We long for the day when swords will be beaten into plowshares, spears into pruning hooks, and wolves will lie down with lambs. Give peace, O Lord, in our time. Glory to you, Lord God!

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God, and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work. Compassionate Father, to whom belongs steadfast love, be with those we pray for now who need our prayers. Especially….since your never failing providence orders all things in both heaven and earth, remove what is hurtful, and replenish with what is helpful in Jesus Christ, your Son and our Lord. Glory to you, Lord God! (From Psalm 62)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?