"Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Qureshi. A Short Review

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters ChristianitySeeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity by Nabeel Qureshi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I was 20 years old, I was stationed in a Muslim country for two years. During that time I read the Quran (in an English translation from Oxford), interacted with Muslim acquaintances, and saw Islam lived out in it's communal context. Therefore I was excited when my mother gave me a copy of "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus". With bazillions of reviews already plastered on the various sites and venues, mine will be short and succinct.

Nabeel Qureshi has woven together a very personal and personable volume written to give "an insider's perspective into a Muslim heart," as well as equip readers "with facts and knowledge, showing the strength of the case for the gospel contrasted with the case for Islam," while chronicling his own inner struggles, sacrifices and doubts when grappling with the Christian faith. The style of writing is autobiographical, gracious and informative. I was delighted with the insights Qureshi penned, how he thoughtfully made his upbringing and religion-of-birth very human, and the charitable way he presented the answers to Muslim objections. Here is the story of a man raised in a strong and loving Muslim family, firmly taught the premises and polemics of his family's religion, and who came to be grasped by the Jesus of the Gospels. I highly recommend this book.

A copy can be purchased here: Zondervan

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?