"Rain Down Your Mercy" - 5 November 2017

As you said to Jeremiah: “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me” (Jeremiah 32.26-27)? Therefore, LORD, God of all flesh, we come in joyful confidence and confident joy, to present to you our disturbances and desires. And with the Psalmist we say:  Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion on Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, and all the nations of the world so that the inhabitants of all lands may have the medical care, education, clean drinking water, security and concord essential for their wellbeing. Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion upon these United States of America, the State of Oklahoma (especially in its present budgetary troubles), as well as the Absentee Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma. We especially ask you to alleviate the enslavement to Meth, Opioids and Gambling afflicting so many regions of our country and state. Restore hope, restore life, and restore meaning! Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion on your Church all around this globe, this congregation, the fellowship of Bangladesh Pastor’s Project, and also on Clear Springs Freewill Baptist; Coffee Creek Baptist; Covenant Life Family Worship Center; and Crest Baptist Church. Grant us to grow roots downward into the fertile soil of your grace, and to bear fruits upward to the glory of your name, the salvation of many, and the benefit of all lands. And Lord, we thank you for the faithful lives and godly examples of your holy people who have lived, loved and died. We thank you for grandmothers and grandfathers, parents, fellow Christians who have gone from us…may their faithful example and exemplary faith encourage us and spur us further up and further one. Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion on those who find their bodies, emotions, families, lives and futures in disarray and disorder… Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion on those who are healing up from surgery and sickness, as well as those recovering from childbirth… Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16).

Rain down your mercy, peace, direction, good order and compassion on those who don’t know you…; and bring them to call on the name of the Lord and so become saved. Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16). 

All of these prayers, spoken and unspoken, we offer up in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, and cry out to you in the words of the Psalmist: Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me (Psalm 69.16). Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?