Books and Commentaries by Dr. Dale Ralph Davis


From 1996 to 2000 Dr. Dale Ralph Davis was one of my Old Testament professors at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi. From 1998 to 2002 Dr. Davis became a dear friend as I served a small, rural Presbyterian church in Mississippi. He would always open the door of his study for me and allow me to "unload" my woes, and then he would spend time praying with me and for me. Even after we went to different parts of the country (he to Mississippi and South Carolina; and I to Texas and Oklahoma), we have remained in contact.

I have always found Dr. Davis's commentaries and books solid in their scholarship, warm in their application, Gospel-focused in their direction and demeanor, and devotional in their observations. As he works his readers through Scripture, he always seems to have one eye on how to preach the Old Testament, and the other eye on how to minister to the preacher, and the preacher's congregation. I simply cannot recommend his books enough!!!!

It's nearing Christmas time, and the perfect time to purchase your favorite seminarian, pastor or Bible teacher Dr. Davis's works. And it's the perfect time to take that Christmas money stuffed in your stocking and put it into snatching up as many of  these works as possible!

Let me give you a hand by setting up links to find and purchase these volumes:

The Word Became Fresh: How to Preach from Old Testament Narrative Texts

Faith of Our Fathers: Expositions of Genesis 12-25

Joshua: No Falling Word

Judges: No Such Salvation

1 Samuel: Looking on the Heart

2 Samuel: Out of Every Adversity

1 Kings: The Wisdom and the Folly

2 Kings: The Power and the Fury

The Way of Righteousness in the Muck of Life: Psalms 1-12

Slogging Along in the Path of Righteousness: Psalms 13-24

Stump Kingdom: Isaiah 6-12

The Message of Daniel

Micah

True Word in Tough Times

The House that Jesus Built: A Welcome to the Church

I hope you will invest in your heart by taking up and reading Dr. Davis's books. I am certain you will be enriched, and that you will not regret the purchase.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?