"O LORD, My Strength" - 21 May 2017


I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation” (Psalm 18.1-3, 46).

Holy God, we pray for all nations and countries, these United States of America, and for the leaders of the world, such as Governor General of Saint Kitts and Nevis, Sir Tapley Seaton; Governor General of Saint Lucia, Dame Pearlette Louisy; and Governor General of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sir Frederick Ballantyne; as well as our Oklahoma State Representatives, to include Mike Sanders; Earl Sears; Shane Stone; and Chuck Strohm. O God be gracious to us and bless us and make your face to shine upon us, that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you (Psalm 67.1-5)!

We give you thanks for the bounty of the rain and showers this year. Help us in this State to be good stewards of all you have bestowed on us. Also, you know the financial straits we are in and all the reasons why; and so correct what needs to be corrected that we may be sensible, sagacious, and sound-minded in our fiscal responsibilities, both personally and civically.

We pray on behalf of your universal Church; for this congregation; and for St. Luke’s UMC; St. Mark’s UMC; St. Matthew UMC; St. Monica’s Catholic Church; and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. At whatever point we may have turned away from listening to the truth, restore us and grant us repentance. Fill us all with your Holy Spirit that we may be strengthened for greater service; be guided into all truth; and powerfully testify of your gospel and your reign.

Lord be with our young adults, whether in college, in the military, or exploring careers, and preserve them from harmful circumstances, hurtful ideologies, and hostile peoples. May they show forth your love and tell forth your good news. Uphold them with your righteous right hand, and may their adventures enrich them, for your honor’s sake.

We bring to you those on our hearts who continue to look away from you, and have turned their back to you; and also those who deny either your existence or your importance…; grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and bring them come to their senses to escape from the snare of the devil, having been captured by him to do his will (2 Timothy 2.25-26). 

Finally, Lord God, you who are our rock and refuge; be with these who are in need and in hurt…. May they find your refreshment, renovation and restoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?