"Demon Piety" Luke 8.26-39
- Demons have religious insight: “Jesus, Son of the Most High God” (v.28).
- Demons have a form of religiousness: notice they pray to Christ for some form of mercy: “I beg you, do not torment me” (v.28)!
- Demons were persistent in their prayers: “they begged him...” (v.28, 31, 32).
- Demons praying in a humble, subservient posture: “he cried out and fell down before him” (v.28).
- Demons pray with deep feeling: he cried out... and said with a loud voice” (v.28).
- Demons use humble expressions in their prayer: “I beg you...” (v.28).
- Demons use respectful and honorable language for Christ: “Jesus, Son of the Most High God” (v.28).
- Demons are obedient (reluctantly) to Jesus - v. 32-33
- Demons know they are at Christ’s mercy! The whole dialogue shows this.