"D-Day" by Stephen Ambrose. Very Short Review.

D-Day, June 6, 1944: The Battle for the Normandy BeachesD-Day, June 6, 1944: The Battle for the Normandy Beaches by Stephen E. Ambrose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ambrose does a delightful job wedding the reader's emotional engagement with historical events through his masterful storytelling of that fateful day in 1944. Not only does he supply the background material necessary to retain a sense of the preparations and intensity of operational tempo, but he also shows how even best laid plans can all go awry, since we are not master's of our own destinies....or landing zones!

The author is a master storyteller. There were times when tears streamed down my cheeks as I read some of the episodes. There were other times I sat on the edge of my chair griping the book. I highly recommend the book for teenagers, younger and older adults, men and women. You will likely never let June 6 pass by thoughtlessly ever again.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?