"Fearless" by Eric Blehm. A Short Review.

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved HimFearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him by Eric Blehm
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm wiping the tears from my eyes right now. I've just finished "Fearless" by Eric Blehm, and cried through the last part. I cried for Adam, for Kelley and the kids, for his parents and family, for his teammates who died a few moths after his own death, and I cried for their families. I sorrow for them, but the book also brings me to give thanks for such who serve, and serve well; and I give thanks that I served my country for 20 years in the U.S. Air Force.

"Fearless" is a story of wasted potential, loss, fall, shame, and darkness. But it is also a story of reclamation, redemption, resilience, radiance, rightness and camaraderie. The author follows Adam's life from childhood, through the muck and misery of his meth addiction, to his messy conversion, and on into his Navy career as a SEAL and his eventual rise to SEAL Team SIX. It is readable for younger and older alike, in fact both of my teenage sons have read the book. I cannot recommend the book enough!

Adam Brown, I salute you!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Shift” - 2023 Movie. A Review

"On Getting Out of Bed" by Alan Noble. A Review

Community?